Saturday 26 June 2010

Boys Watch and Learn

It was a beautiful day in Worthing today. I woke up late which rocked!

I went into town with my wife; we went to a friends birthday; we then met up with my wife's family and then met up with some friends.

The latter part of the afternoon we sat in our friends garden, drinking pink lemonade and eating Mars ice creams. We got onto the conversation about the internet and i said i was doing a blog. After explaining what this blog was about and why I was doing it, they started to tell me things that they had learnt; which is exactly what i hoped doing this blog would do. They told me about sayings such as 'the wrong end of the stick' and 'coffee pot calling the kettle black'.

One of them is a teaching assistant and was telling me about everything he is learning.... which made me a little jealous as I had just been saying how hard it was to find something I had learnt day in day out. Even after all the interesting, disturbing and weird things I found out, one conversation stuck out for me.

One of the converations was about giving birth; this freaks my wife out and I completely understand that! Our friend was regaling us with her horror story of giving birth, whilst i watched my wife's face turn an odd shade of off white, i heard our friend say "boys watch and learn" and she told us how eleven student doctors turned up to watch her give birth.

Now this may seem like an odd post but what i learnt in real terms today is that bad/painful stuff can happen and you may feel like there is no light at the end of a tunnel but good can always be found. In this case, hours of labour, complications and a stubborn baby but at the end of it a child that they love dearly

This is something i have been told time and time again but it just clicked today!

No comments:

Post a Comment